Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rough Weekend for My Diet :-\

My cousin was visiting for the weekend from Ireland...which included going out to eat 3 times and drinking two nights... :( Needless to say, I didn't make great choices. BUT, I'm not going to let that get me down...there WILL be days or times that I don't follow the diet the best I can, but that's life. Back on track now! I won't be weighing myself for about a week as I'm retaining water due to female stuff.... ;) I always gain between 3-5lbs of water weight during this time. Hopefully I'll make some strides in my diet and will have a pleasant surprise when I step back on the scale!

I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and bought a blood sugar support supplement. It's not the most convenient thing to take as you have to take it with some warm water (I assume it helps melt down the outer capsule). But I'll start taking that today and see if I see much of a difference. I didn't buy Spirulina because my boyfriend told me I could just take his, he didn't like the taste. And, being a full-time student and only working part-time...I need to save every dollar I can!

Also, I mentioned I was an acupuncture student so I looked up the Chinese diagnosis for hypoglycemia. It's not all that different from our Western one. Basically, I have to support my Spleen (which in Chinese Medicine is actually more of your pancreas) and Stomach and Adrenal Glands. It should take almost a month to see a difference in that, but it's of course worth it.

On a side note, my friends, cousin and myself took a drive upstate and went snow tubing for a Girls' Day. We had a GREAT time and it was something different! Even though we drank before we went tubing, it was good to add a new activity to my life. I'm tired of doing the same things over and over...and at least a got a LITTLE exercise! It was also raining here on Long Island, so it was nice to leave the cold rain for some fresh snow! It is, after all, winter. And I love winter!

I'm sure I don't have any reader's yet. But I'm hoping to get a few soon. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments and YOUR stories. What will YOU do today to make yourself feel good? Today I will start taking those blood sugar pills and drink some dandelion root tea to help rid some of this bloat. :) Be well!

-Ava

P.S. I'd like to start adding pictures, but I'm having laptop issues. Those will come in the next few months I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment