Monday, January 25, 2010

Good and Bad

Good Morning :)

Well, I've been both good and bad on this diet. My little night with myself Saturday night was okay. I drank a bottle of wine then indulged in some leftover Chinese food I found in the fridge.... :-\ I didn't eat the rice, but I ate a decent amount of General Tso's chicken plus half an egg roll. Wasn't total a pig, but I could've done without it. I still got on the scale Sunday morning and it still hadn't budged, one way or the other. Even though I ate poorly late at night, I was still hoping to see a difference. I've already eaten this morning so I will wait until tomorrow morning to weigh myself again. I'm DETERMINED to see a decrease in that number by tomorrow!

Also, I got my Wii back from my boyfriend and so I'll be logging into Wii Fit just to calculate my weight progress that way. I weigh A LOT more than I did when I first started using it. In fact....let me check the damage now....
UGGGHHH....I'm over 26lbs heavier than the last time I weighed in on Wii Fit...in June of '09. :( Also, I stepped on the bathroom scale anyway and I'm 3lbs heavier than my first weigh-in! I'm still not discourage b/c I'm adamant that I'm retaining some water weight. Even though I don't make absolute perfect choices, I'm still eating way less than I usually do. This Thursday will be my "official" weigh-in b/c my cycle will be over.

Today is off to a good start. I found a low GI breakfast recipe for Oatmeal Pancakes They were OKAY, more palatable than oatmeal by itself but they looked less like pancakes and more like egg white/oatmeal mush. I made half the recipe using only 1/2c. of oatmeal and 3 egg whites and I'm still hungry. So I'm drinking some Iced Green Tea sweetened with agave and I'll just have an early lunch. I will try this Spirulina salad I think.

Yesterday I had two Irish sausages, no ketchup. a small Greek salad (and I ate the pita that came with it...oops). Then I had a family party at my boyfriend's sister's house. I didn't do too terribly there. I ate two of the cookies I brought and a LITTLE of the spinach dip with pumpernickel bread (not NEARLY as much of it as I would have liked to eat!) and one buffalo wing. Dinner I ate baked chicken, string beans and a small salad with lite honey mustard dressing...I skipped the potatoes. What's great about this way of eating is that you don't have to make a scene when you're eating with other people. I get kind of embarrassed having to say I'm on a diet but with this I just have to choose the meat and veggie options and skip over the bread and potatoes. She had a great looking Italian white bread with butter which I really wanted, but found the will to skip. :) Oh, and I skipped the cake and desserts. However, when I got back to my own parents' house, they had leftover wings so I ate 6 of those, with bleu cheese. But I'm still proud of myself! Still a lot better than I'm used to eating!

I still haven't organized my room so I'm hoping to get that done today to make myself feel good. :) Then I'm going over my boyfriend's apartment to watch Yes Man. Anyone ever see that? Great movie and VERY motivational to make more of your life. I feel like I'm wasting my life being fat...I'm so unmotivated to do things b/c I'm afraid my weight will get in the way. I'm even hesitant to do this soccer team I've told you all about but I'm going to force myself. I can drop at least 20lbs by then (even though I'm really shooting for 30lbs!) It's a rainy day here on Long Island, hard to get motivated to do anything. But I'm going to do the best I can today. :)

I wish I knew how to get some readers!?!? LOL....maybe I'll also try and figure that out now as well.

Hope everyone has a healthy day today and don't forget to do at least one thing nice for yourself today!

No comments:

Post a Comment