Friday, February 26, 2010

C25K

ROAD RUNNER Pictures, Images and PhotosWell, today was my first day back to the gym! I also re-started the Couch to 5k Running Program. I had done it over the summer and got up to week 5 when I quit. But with soccer starting in less than a month, I NEED to start running! So, today was my first day of the program and it was quite easy even though I sweated like a pig and my face was BEET RED.... I feel so proud of myself after my workout though and I need to remember this feeling to stay motivated. My plan is to go to the gym at least 3 days a week and do Pilates and/or Yoga the other days. The running program requires 3 running days a week and with my hectic school schedule, it works out! I'd like to start running on the road though since treadmill running is much easier. But considering we just got about 4inches of snow here, it'll have to wait a week or so. :)

My breakfast wasn't so good. We have these damn pre-cooked sausages in the house that I just CANNOT stay away from! So I had 1 egg, 2 turkey sausages, 1 english muffin, 1 hash brown with organic ketchup. Humph. Lunch was a small salad and an orange and dinner will be a turkey sandwich on 1 slice of whole wheat toast (split down the middle) with a little mayo. We'll see....

I'm not drinking tonight since I have to be at a registration meeting for soccer tomorrow morning at 9am. Who the heck plans these meetings for 9am on a Saturday morning? But whatever. I'm going to the meeting in my gym clothes so I'll hopefully hit up the gym afterwards.

Today was a weigh-in day and I've stayed the same...no loss, no gain. Not surprised. I've been seriously slacking.

Part of my problem is lack of money. I go to school full time and only work part time, bringing in about $300/mo which JUST covers my bills. I've applied for a second part time job working with Au Pairs. Making sure they adjust to their "families" well. It's been a week since I've applied, plus I have a friend who recommended me since she's already an employee. I just want to know already! I NEED to start buying my own groceries.

Ever feel like things just don't go right for you? I also can't file my taxes because I'm missing a W2 form...I've contacted the job twice so far. SOOOO frustrating. Plus I need it to apple for student loans and TAP assistance which hopefully will leave me with some money leftover...I'm trying to remember The Law of Attraction and to stop focusing on what's WRONG, because then things will continue to go wrong. Instead, I need to have faith in that it will all work out and focus on how it will feel when everything is settled. :)

Tonight was supposed to be a date night with me and the bf. All we ever do is sit around and watch TV. He's very sweet and he does always offer to pay for things if we order dinner or something but he's not very creative and he NEVER suggests anything! I'm particularly poor this week so I don't have money to spend on going out to dinner or a movie, and he said "that's okay, let's do it." (meaning he'll pay) but I always say "No, I feel bad..." just being nice but then that's it. He just backs down. When really I want him to be forceful and say, "We're going out, I'm taking you to _______." I know I sound like a whiny little brat...we've been together for 2 years and he's been like this since day 1. I just want him to say, "Get dressed tonight, I'm taking you out to dinner!". Know what I mean? Every once in a while he has. Literally I can think of 3 times in the past 2 years he's done that. I haven't seen him since Monday so I'm looking forward to spending time with him but I just don't feel like laying around watching TV, yet again, on a Friday night! As I'm writing this, I hear all the "experts" advice saying "TELL the man what you want! Men can't read minds." and I know that's true but I don't want to have to tell him to WANT to take me out! And his family is this way, so that's where he gets it from. They don't see the need to spend money on dinner when they could just cook at home.

Okay, I'll stop complaining now. Hope you all have a great weekend and stay on track! I'm sure as heck gonna try! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment