Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy (Raw, Green) St. Patrick's Day!!!!

Since I will be spending the remainder of the day in classes, I will not have a chance to TRULY celebrate the day, the way that you're meant to... ;) SO, I decided to eat and drink only green (and RAW) things today! And I'm so proud of myself!

First, a Raw Green Smoothie, that I got from the wonderful Raw on $10 a day blog

I really enjoyed this smoothie! And it was SO easy to make! In case you didn't click on the link above, I will give you the recipe:
5oz Spinach
6 leaves of romaine lettuce
2 Bananas
1 Apple (cored)
1 cup of water

Puree in blender till smooth, then I added a few piece of ice to chill it up a bit but not TOO cold because in Chinese Medicine, your Spleen doesn't like cold foods, especially in the morning, and that helps aid in digestion.

For lunch, I made Raw on $10's green soup. Which, tasted a bit better than I thought it would but I wasn't able to eat most of it... :-\ Just wasn't for my tastebuds, but I'm eager to try a different raw soup recipe!

This required:
5oz spinach
1 avocado
1 cup water
1 garlic clove
1/4 of an onion
sea salt and pepper to taste
Puree in the blender. Simple enough! I sprinkled about half a tsp. of Spirulina in it as well and I warmed it up a bit on the stove, but didn't "cook" it. Cooking it begins to kill the natural digestive and living enzymes in the food.

And lastly, since I was still hungry from having only a few tablespoons of the green soup, I made a quick cucumber snack:
1 sliced cucumber
1 heaping tsp of olive oil
red wine vinegar, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste

I don't really like cucumbers, although I LOVE pickles, so the vinegar and salt taste really appeals to me! :-D

Dinner will probably be a salad with oil and vinegar and sea weed salad from my school's cafeteria...

And that's been my day so far! Let me tell you the REAL happiness of my day though: I feel GREAT already! I took some powdered Spirulina in a glass before bed, and although I overslept this morning, I woke up feeling great and made myself the green smoothie. Then I went to the local library to get some schoolwork done, stopped off at the grocery store for some red wine vinegar. Then I came back home, made the green soup and cucumber salad and then I'll be off to Yoga class at 2:30. Normally, once I realized I had already missed a good portion of my first class, I would have went right back to bed and watched tv and done minimal school work. If this is the start of my new lifestyle, I LIKE IT!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment